In this session, you (the pastor, minister, or other religious leader) will be learning about how and why we use audio technology, the language you can use to communicate with your team, an overview of the tech team itself, sound system basics, volume and loudness, and finally, who to ask for those times when you simply need to bring in some assistance.
Instructor Samantha Potter covers:
Why Do We Need All This Stuff?
- Why is sound reinforcement even necessary?
- How does your denomination define worship? What if you could keep tradition, but augment it with technology?
- Technology doesn’t mean we aren’t growing closer to God, and we must insist that it should not get in the way or be a distraction. How your congregation defines distraction might differ from mine.
Production Team Terminology
- To communicate with your sound and praise teams, it’s vital to know the language of production
- All worship teams should know these common terms and concepts
Building & Keeping Your Production Teams
- Their job descriptions, what they do, the time it takes
- Pointers for how to best work with them
- How to identify people that might volunteer
Sound System Basics
Sound systems are made up of several key components:
- Mixing Consoles
- Volume & Loudness -- it's important!
Who To Ask?
- Sometimes, finding help can be incredibly difficult
- Knowing who to ask is often the biggest hurdle
- Allow us to point you in the right direction
Assessment quizzes are offered after each segment -- it's the perfect time to review what’s been covered so far. Do you understand the essentials? If so, great, keep going! And if not, no worries, you can review that segment again or the entire course as needed.